hello kids
I am really amazed when I ponder how much time I have spent in bed lately. Ya know, this isn't the first time I have been unemployed. From birth to the age of 15, I didn't work at all. This time though it's different. It almost seems as if I have been pulled under the waves and washed out into a sea of lethargy. Perhaps not having access to my vehicle (thanks Seattle PD) has contributed to my extended laziness. Taking the bus gets me out of the house, but then what?
A few months ago, I felt the oncoming storm clouds approaching from every direction and it chilled me to the bone. There was this vast feeling of impending doom that I couldn't shake. The first thing I did was think about everything I had to be thankful for. Next I said a prayer asking God for His mercy in my future.
This did not stop the storm from destroying the weakening strands of my fragile existence. Poor judgment and bad luck were the key factors in my downfall. I drank some whiskey and I drove in to downtown Seattle for some concert tickets. I ran a red light and got arrested. The DUI was 100% my fault and I have no one to blame but myself. And blame myself I have. Over and over and over...and over again.
A month later I was downsized from Director job at KIRO7 news. It seems poorly designed computer programs taking the place of skilled production people is the wave of the future. That station took a stand against quality when they installed the Ignite production system. Well, it was the first time I got the ax at a job and it stung.
The unemployment checks keep a roof over my head and the utilities on. I have a good buddy who always keeps me laughing. My dog is fun. Now if I could just get out of bed and do something significant underneath the dark cloudy skies of my city things would be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment